9th Way Solutions has an opening for an Enterprise Scrum Master to join our team supporting the Department of Transportation. You will be responsible for establishing and leading projects from start to finish ranging in complexity. Manage project scope, schedule, budget, quality, risks, issues, impacts and systems, and dependencies across organizational units and contract programs.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Lead all project activities and events (i.e. Daily Scrum, Planning, Review, Retrospective, Backlog Refinement, Program Increments, Innovate and Adapt sessions, etc.)
- Participate in requirements and design discussions with project stakeholders and product owners.
- Develop and maintain project budget and forecast.
- Track and manage project issues, risks, priorities, and dependencies.
- Act quickly to resolve impediments and keep work flowing.
- Ensure team completes committed user stories on time.
- Provide routine project status in charts and narrative form. Help team develop and remain focused on prioritized objectives.
- Able to facilitate large planning sessions and lead the team to develop 2-3 month working plans.
- Incorporate feedback and lessons learned into each iteration.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Highly motivated, self-directed and responsible project leader.
- Effective communicator and relationship builder.
- Ability to ascertain information about current organizational processes and how to go about organizing and improving agile service management practices.
- Ability to use agile methods like backlogs, Kanban boards, agile lifecycle tools, burn-down charts, etc. to effectively managed work and identify when work needs to be rebalanced or requires additional discussion to get to what “done” means and how to test it.
- Looking for a candidate that can not only lead agile projects, but also provide guidance and mentorship to support others in best practice approaches.
- Ability to lead meetings using Azure DevOps, Jira, Microsoft Teams, etc.
- A well-defined track record of releasing products successfully on a frequent basis.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and ability to clearly articulate findings and concepts that support the problem the team is trying to solve.
- Understand technologies such as AWS and Azure cloud infrastructure services, O365 applications, databases, servers, network devices, and IT service management tools.
- Bachelor's degree and 15 years experience or equivalent.
- Must have at least 10 years of experience managing projects, with most experience in IT related disciplines.
- PMP required.
- At least one Scrum, SAFE, or related Scrum Master certification required.
- Ability to obtain and maintain the required security clearance.
- Must be authorized to work for any employer in the U.S.
- Experience in infrastructure operations projects preferred.
- Advanced Scrum Master certification preferred.
- Familiarity with DevOps concepts and culture preferred.
Position may be open to remote location and telework flexibility. Regular on-time attendance is an essential function of this position. 9th
Way Solutions reserves the right to adjust work location based upon mission requirements.
9th Way Solutions
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
9th Way Solutions is an emerging Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) committed to working with our clients to provide next-generation, results-oriented technology—on time and under budget—in health I.T., infrastructure design and build, cybersecurity, cloud solutions, and data analytics. To learn more about 9th Way Solutions, our benefits, and other career opportunities, please visit our website
9th Way Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. To request a reasonable accommodation or inquire about the physical requirements or work conditions, contact email@example.com