9th Way Solutions has an opening for an IT Service Catalog and Request Manager to join our team supporting the Department of Transportation. You will be responsible for managing the full lifecycle and continual improvement of the service catalog and service request workflow automation. The lifecycle includes organization, scalability, updates to, and usage reporting of the service catalog. It also includes identifying standard changes that should be implemented via standard request workflow, facilitating the design, test, and implementation of that workflow, with the end goal of providing increased self-services to customers.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Responsible for creating, facilitating, controlling, reporting, documenting and improving both Service Catalog and Service Request Management processes in support of an Enterprise IT Shared Services environment for a Federal department.
- Facilitate catalog and request management related meetings and improvement initiatives and provide documented status.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Ability to effectively verbalize, document, communicate and facilitate the identification, handling, status reporting, solution options and alternatives, change implementation of various changes to catalog and service request items for distribution in the IT environment, and ultimately made available to the user community.
- Ability to effectively document business cases, solution strategies, status tracking, processes, procedures, and knowledge articles associated with implementing service catalog and service request processes.
- Ability to review various ticket types, understand interrelated IT practice areas and make recommendations for process improvements using tools such as BMC Remedy (or similar ITSM tool suite), MS Office 365 tools, and other process automation tool suites.
- Must be an effective communicator and facilitator of information to peers, management, Federal leadership and Federal executives.
- Highly motivated, self-directed and responsible contributor.
- Ability to evangelize the service catalog and service request management practice areas, articulating vision, design, and improvement ideas to motivate early adopters and change actors towards those goals.
- Ability to organize IT services for customer selection, identify standard changes and other routine requests, document their process, apply system workflow to enable the service, and ultimately provide no-touch self-service capability for customers.
- Effectively communicate, build relationships with peers, process stakeholders, and organizational leaders.
- Be a team player, share knowledge, and learn from others.
- Ability to ascertain information about current organizational processes and how to go about organizing and improving IT Service Management practices based on the feedback.
- Must have a minimum of 7 years of experience, or a Bachelor's Degree and 5 years of experience, providing IT Service Catalog and Request Managment services supporting Service Desk, IT Operations and Engineering, and Data Center.
- Ability to obtain and maintain the required security clearance.
- Must be authorized to work for any employer in the U.S.
- ITIL Foundations certification recommended.
- Higher ITIL certifications preferred.
Position may be open to remote location and telework flexibility. Regular on-time attendance is an essential function of this position. 9th
Way Solutions reserves the right to adjust work location based upon mission requirements.
9th Way Solutions
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
9th Way Solutions is an emerging Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) committed to working with our clients to provide next-generation, results-oriented technology—on time and under budget—in health I.T., infrastructure design and build, cybersecurity, cloud solutions, and data analytics. To learn more about 9th Way Solutions, our benefits, and other career opportunities, please visit our website
9th Way Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. To request a reasonable accommodation or inquire about the physical requirements or work conditions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org