9th Way Solutions has a contingent opening for a Senior Information Systems Security Analyst to support the IT enterprise architecture strategy and standards, infrastructure and systems engineering, network engineering, enterprise service desk, and systems operations and maintenance services for the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Office of Information Technology (OIT).
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Responsible for services to support Information System Engineering performed by the Information System Security Engineer (ISSE) at a minimum, shall consist of the following activities: Identify information protection needs for an IS and Network Environment
- Define IS and Network Environment security requirements in accordance with applicable cybersecurity requirements
- Design security architectures for use within the IS and Network Environment
- Design and develop cybersecurity-enabled products for use within an IS and Network Environment
- Integrate and/or implement security with Cross Domain Solutions (CDS) for use within an IS and Network Environment Develop and implement security designs for new or existing network system(s). Ensure that the design of hardware, operating systems, and software applications adequately address cybersecurity requirements for the IS and Network Environment Design, develop, and implement network security measures that provide confidentiality, integrity, availability, authentication, and non-repudiation
- Design, develop, and implement specific cybersecurity countermeasures for the IS and Network Environment
- Develop interface specifications for the IS and Network Environment
- Develop approaches to mitigate IS and Network Environment vulnerabilities and recommend changes to network or network system components as needed
- Ensure that network system(s) designs support the incorporation of FBI directed cybersecurity vulnerability solutions
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Highly motivated, self-directed and responsible contributor.
- Effective communicator and relationship builder.
- Familiarity with the use and operation of security tools including Tenable Nessus and/or Security Center, IBM Guardium, HP WeblInspect, Network Mapper (NMAP), and/or similar applications.
- One of the following certifications is required to meet the category/level ISSE-2 (DOD 8570) requirement for this position: Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) (or Associate), CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP) CASP CE, Certified Secure Software Lifecycle Professional (CSSLP), CISSP- Information System Security Engineering Professional (ISSEP), or CISSP- Information System Security Architecture Professional (ISSAP).
- Bachelor’s and advanced degree in Computer Science, Cybersecurity, or other cyber discipline is preferred; plus minimum 8 years’ experience, or equivalent education/experience; Doctorate plus 6 years; Master’s plus 6 years; Associates plus 10 years; or H.S./GED plus 14 years.
- Ability to obtain and maintain the required security clearance.
- Must be authorized to work for any employer in the U.S.
Regular on-time and on-site attendance is an essential function of this position. 9th
Way Solutions reserves the right to adjust work location based upon mission requirements.
9th Way Solutions
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
9th Way Solutions is an emerging Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) committed to working with our clients to provide next-generation, results-oriented technology—on time and under budget—in health I.T., infrastructure design and build, cybersecurity, cloud solutions, and data analytics. To learn more about 9th Way Solutions, our benefits, and other career opportunities, please visit our website
9th Way Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. To request a reasonable accommodation or inquire about the physical requirements or work conditions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org