9th Way Solutions has a contingent opening for a Deputy Program Manager and Software/System Architect to support the IT enterprise architecture strategy and standards, infrastructure and systems engineering, network engineering, enterprise service desk, and systems operations and maintenance services for the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Office of Information Technology (OIT).
We are a cutting-edge program supporting the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Office of Information Technology (OIT). The OIT delivers available, adaptable, secure, and cost-effective technology services to the VA and acts as a steward for all VA's Information Technology (IT) assets and resources. Under OIT, the Network Security Operations Center (VA NSOC) within the VA Office of Information Security is responsible for defending, managing, and monitoring the network operating status and cybersecurity posture of the VA. We are a team with locations in the Martinsburg, WV, Hines, IL, and Washington DC. We are seeking a creative and driven professional with a passion for working with cutting edge technologies, learning new things, and solving real-world issues that support the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).
You will be joining a new team to improve the program's effectiveness by monitoring and reporting of security incidents, conducting threat and vulnerability analysis, validating security controls are adequate within the enterprise, and providing a full range of various functions across the spectrum of activities.
The Sr. Software/System Architect will lead a team with primary duties that include providing the VA with gateway design, configuration, and implementation services in support of the Trusted Internet Connection (TIC) gateways, technical refresh, and configuration review, as well as Tier IV escalation support.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Serve as Deputy PM to ensure timely completion of project tasks objectives.
- Coordinate the transition from Project Development to Project Implementation to Project Completion.
- Organize Team Resources, including Steering Committees, Project Teams, and Work Groups, as needed.
- Develop a high-level project plan and achieve buy-in on task responsibilities and timelines from the appropriate team members.
- Define communications, issue management, and scope management strategy and obtain approval from the appropriate team members.
- Solicit input from appropriate staff to evaluate cross-system impact.
- Evaluate project risks and develop contingency plans, as appropriate.
- Define project objectives and define success measurements.
- Develop and communicate appropriate project documentation, including project overview, scope, team structure, status reports, issues management reports, change control reports, meeting notes, etc. as required and on time.
- Coordinate development and approval of appropriate requirements and design documentation.
- Ensure the adoption of developed requirements and design.
- Develop a detailed project plan.
- Coordinate both execution and monitoring/controlling phases of the Project Implementation Process.
- Complete close-out phases of the Project Processes.
- Ensure team consensus of project completion.
- Complete project close-out documentation especially Lessons Learned.
- Coordinate and support steering committee, project team, and workgroup meetings, as required.
- Support and communicate project status to team members and executive staff, including management of project website, consistent status reporting, and presentations.
- Identify, document, and assist with project issues and escalate, as appropriate, to achieve timely resolution.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory agencies, including meeting deadlines, when applicable.
- Ensure integrity and security of institutional data.
- Demonstrate the ability to multi-task effectively.
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Highly motivated, self-directed and responsible contributor
- Effective communicator and relationship builder
- Strong understanding of VA's business practices, standards, guidelines and policies.
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills and ability to be flexible and work analytically in a problem-solving environment.
- Extensive experience in technical leadership, and/or service delivery support.
- Strong knowledge of commercial products/solutions, especially enterprise-wide are network architecture.
- 10+ years of experience
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience
- Ability to obtain and maintain the required security clearance.
- Must be authorized to work for any employer in the U.S.
- Cisco certifications such as CISSP, CCIE
- ITIL V3 or V4 Foundation certifications
- Firm knowledge of Agile, DevSecOps, and PMP methodologies, and toolsets
- Experience with requirements management, JIRA (or similar RTM platforms)
- Ability to work with ambiguity and visualize solutions for emerging concepts
- Prior experience with VA's Trusted Internet Connection (TIC) gateways, the technologies, and services available via the VA's TIC gateways, as well as the VA's Wide Area Network (WAN)
- Relationships in the Cisco business and technical communities
Regular on-time and on-site attendance is an essential function of this position. 9th
Way Solutions reserves the right to adjust work location based upon mission requirements.
9th Way Solutions
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
9th Way Solutions is an emerging Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) committed to working with our clients to provide next-generation, results-oriented technology—on time and under budget—in health I.T., infrastructure design and build, cybersecurity, cloud solutions, and data analytics. To learn more about 9th Way Solutions, our benefits, and other career opportunities, please visit our website
9th Way Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. To request a reasonable accommodation or inquire about the physical requirements or work conditions, contact email@example.com