9th Way Solutions has a contingent opening for a Technical Writer to join our team supporting the Department of Transportation in Washington DC.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Researches, writes, and edits materials for related reports, manuals, briefs, proposals, instructional material, catalogs, technical publications, and/or software and hardware documentation.
- Obtains technical data from independent observation, review with technical staff members, and/or studies of published materials and existing documentation.
- Interfaces with users, specialists, analysts, programmers, etc., to obtain background information of technologies, methods, and standards.
- Revises text and recommends changes in scope, format, and content to ensure conformance with established standards.
- May edit, standardize, or make changes to material prepared by other writers.
- Performs final quality assurance on all materials.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Highly motivated, self-directed and responsible contributor.
- Effective communicator and relationship builder.
- 6 years experience in editing documents.
- A Bachelor's degree in English, Literature, or other related discipline.
- With a Master's Degree, one year of specialized experience is required.
- With at least nine years specialized experience, no degree is required.
- Ability to obtain and maintain the required security clearance.
- Must be authorized to work for any employer in the U.S.
Regular on-time and on-site attendance is an essential function of this position. 9th
Way Solutions reserves the right to adjust work location based upon mission requirements.
9th Way Solutions
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
9th Way Solutions is an emerging Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) committed to working with our clients to provide next-generation, results-oriented technology—on time and under budget—in health I.T., infrastructure design and build, cybersecurity, cloud solutions, and data analytics. To learn more about 9th Way Solutions, our benefits, and other career opportunities, please visit our website
9th Way Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. To request a reasonable accommodation or inquire about the physical requirements or work conditions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org