9th Way Solutions has a contingent opening for Remedy Developer (Mid) to join our team supporting the Department of Transportation. You will be responsible for performing technical planning, high level and detailed requirements definitions, test planning and execution (to include use cases, test procedures and test data), software systems integration and technical support for software systems and subsystems. Total software system product may include design, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal. Candidate will support a Federal client through BMC Remedy platform upgrade from 9.1 to include transformation to SmartIT, FedRAMP Cloud Digital Workplace, advanced datalake and reporting capability, and customer satisfaction survey integration. Operational work will continue to evolve ITIL process configuration in support of Enterprise IT shared services as well as the support and maintenance of the integrated ITSM systems.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Responsible for supporting the Service Management System (Remedy) upgrades, change requests, improvements, fixes and overall structure and operations, under task-based, SDLC and Agile methods.
- Intermediate level knowledge in ITIL practice areas to support strategic discussion and direction in evolving the service catalog, self-service capabilities, cmdb, asset, incident, problem, change, service level, knowledge, and request management design, workflow, implementation, and overall best practice.
- Perform change assessments, attend change control boards, provide or perform required change documentation and procedures.
- Day-to-day responsibilities include managing overall structure and content of the system.
- Review events and monitor performance.
- Review, clean-up user and system accounts as well as other system metadata.
- Monitor and report on system usage, growth, disk space and set up appropriate alerts.
- Manage user permissions.
- Present improvement ideas, analyze requests for change, draft and update system design documentation, understand and implement approved system change requests under change guidance, interface with users, support testing, and provide demos of the changes incorporated.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Highly motivated, self-directed and responsible contributor.
- Effective communicator and relationship builder to system stakeholders and organizational leadership.
- Be a team player, share knowledge, and learn from others.
- Ability to ascertain information about current organizational processes and how to go about organizing and improving IT Service Management practices based on the feedback.
- Proficiency in configuring the BMC ITSM Suite, and integrated systems including database, reporting, performance, discovery, and survey tools.
- Design and develop Remedy for multi-tiered user support including Service Desk and IT Operations.
- Ability to program or script in Java, C, HTML, CSS, PowerShell, and Bash within and outside of the BMC Remedy System.
- Ability to create, manage, administrate SQL database and programs that query and push data to a SQL database, XML file, and/or a data warehouse.
- Backup and restore BMC Remedy System in high availability operations if required.
- Must have a minimum of 7 years of experience, or a Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of experience, providing Service Management System administration services, majority with BMC Remedy.
- Must have experience managing SMS development activities and be proficient in applying the SDLC, Agile, and DevOps principles.
- Must also have experience in implementing and supporting advanced reporting and performance analytics capabilities (i.e. Business Objects, Crystal Reports, SQL Server Reporting Services).
- ITIL Foundations certification required.
- At least 1 Remedy certification required.
- Ability to obtain and maintain the required security clearance.
- Must be authorized to work for any employer in the U.S.
- ITIL Expert and/or Managing Professional preferred.
- BMC Accredited Administrator preferred.
Position may be open to remote location and telework flexibility. Regular on-time attendance is an essential function of this position. 9th
Way Solutions reserves the right to adjust work location based upon mission requirements.
9th Way Solutions
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
9th Way Solutions is an emerging Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) committed to working with our clients to provide next-generation, results-oriented technology—on time and under budget—in health I.T., infrastructure design and build, cybersecurity, cloud solutions, and data analytics. To learn more about 9th Way Solutions, our benefits, and other career opportunities, please visit our website
9th Way Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. To request a reasonable accommodation or inquire about the physical requirements or work conditions, contact email@example.com