The Systems Engineer supports the systems that make up the infrastructure and core platforms of the Region 6 Employees Education System (EES). The Systems Engineer works as part of a team of Network and Systems Engineers, Systems and database Administrators, and System Analysts to maintain the physical and virtual Severs and storage devices that provide multi media content to the EES users. The Systems Engineer will be required to proactively maintain the systems and troubleshoot availability and performance issues in the systems. The System Engineer is expected to identify root causes and work with VA and other team members to implement corrective actions.
- Analyze system logs and identify potential issues with computer systems
- Recommend and integrate VA approved new technologies into existing data center environments
- Perform monthly audit of systems and software
- Apply monthly OS updates, patches, and configuration changes
- Install and configure new hardware and software approximately two (2) times per year
- Add, remove, or update user account information, resetting passwords
- Answer virtual technical queries from VA IT staff and provide assistance approximately two (2) times per week
- Maintain security of hardware, software, and data file access
- Update and follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for building and configuring Microsoft Server 2008 Revision 2 (MS2008 R2) and Microsoft Server 2012 Revision 2 (MS 2012 R2) file servers
- Troubleshoot and resolve reported problems approximately two (2) times per month
- Provide system performance tuning. 12. Configure, add, and delete file systems
- Restart the system after crashes and power spikes
- Perform other related duties as assigned
•Tier 4 (BI)
•5 Years of Experience
•Must be authorized to work for any employer in the US
•ActiveTier 4 (BI)
US Military Veterans are encouraged to apply.
9th Way reserves the right to adjust work location based upon mission requirements.
9th Way Solutions
9th Way Solutions is an emerging Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) committed to working with our clients to provide next-generation, results-oriented technology—on time and under budget—in health IT, infrastructure design and build, cybersecurity, cloud solutions, and data analytics. To learn more about 9th Way Solutions, our benefits, and other career opportunities, please visit our website.
9th Way Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. To request reasonable accommodation or inquire about the physical requirements or work conditions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org