Insignia Technology Services has an immediate opening for a Backup Engineer Senior to join our team in the DC area. In this position you will be responsible for the administering, configuring, and deploying all backup and recovery solutions for the Storage Area Network (SAN). As a Backup Engineer Senior, you will use your skills and experience to assist in the deployment of backup strategies for all infrastructure components. This position will collaborate with the other IT professionals on the team as well as other government resources.
- Responsible for the administering, configuring, and deploying all backup and recovery solutions for the SAN
- Design backup solution and ensure backups are completed as scheduled
- Manage all backup and recovery tools and systems
- Assist in the deployment of backup strategies for all infrastructure components
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- High School Degree or equivalent
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Low-Risk Background Clearance National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI)
- Minimum of eight (8) years of experience providing enterprise backup and recovery solutions for a storage are network or any equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience working with multiple vendor solutions, such as NetBackup, NetApp, EMC storage, and Azure Backup or any equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Must be authorized to work for any employer in the US
- Active Low-Risk Background Clearance National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI) or equivalent
US Military Veterans are encouraged to apply
Regular on-time and on-site attendance is an essential function of this position. Insignia reserves the right to adjust work location based upon mission requirements.
To learn more about Insignia, our benefits, and other carrier opportunities, please visit our website
Insignia Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. To request a reasonable accommodation or inquire about the physical requirements or work conditions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.