Insignia Technology Services has an immediate opening for an Escalation and Training Engineer to join our team in the DC area. In this position, you will provide oversight and leadership to the escalation team. As an Escalation and Training Engineer, you will Take control over acute situations and previously unresolvable issues to provide a quick resolution. This position will report to the Project Manager and collaborate with other engineers and IT professionals on the team as well as other government resources.
- Provide oversight and leadership to the escalation team
- Take control over acute situations and previously unresolvable issues to provide a quick resolution
- Lead for all training and resource development for the service desk
- Develop training material and service desk procedures
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field is required; four (4) years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Low-Risk Background Clearance National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI)
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience as an escalation team lead, with extensive knowledge of Service Desk services, as well as incident resolution procedures or any equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience training service desk personnel or any equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Must be authorized to work for any employer in the US
- Active Low-Risk Background Clearance National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI) or equivalent
US Military Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Regular on-time and on-site attendance is an essential function of this position. Insignia reserves the right to adjust work location based upon mission requirements.
To learn more about Insignia, our benefits, and other carrier opportunities, please visit our website
Insignia Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. To request a reasonable accommodation or inquire about the physical requirements or work conditions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.