Insignia Technology Services has an immediate opening for a Solaris System Administrator to join our team in the DC area. In this position, you will Administer, configure, and deploy servers running Solaris. As a Solaris System Administrator, you design and maintain server build configuration for Solaris servers. This position will report to the Project Manager and collaborate with other engineers and IT professionals on the team as well as other government resources.
- Administer, configure, and deploy servers running Solaris
- Design and maintain server build configuration for Solaris servers
- Manage Sun and Oracle hardware
- Perform patching, hardening, and automated deployments
- Analysis, identification, and resolution of IT incidents, specifically as they related to Oracle server based systems
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related is required; four (4) years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Low-Risk Background Clearance National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI)
- Minimum of eight (8) years of experience with administrating and managing servers and systems, specializing in Solaris operating systemsor any equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience implementing and maintaining Solaris 10 or any equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Must be authorized to work for any employer in the US
Active Low-Risk Background Clearance National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI) or equivalent
US Military Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Regular on-time and on-site attendance is an essential function of this position. Insignia reserves the right to adjust work location based upon mission requirements.
To learn more about Insignia, our benefits, and other carrier opportunities, please visit our website.
Insignia Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. To request a reasonable accommodation or inquire about the physical requirements or work conditions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.