Insignia Technology Services has an immediate opening for a Software/System Architect to join our Enterprise Health Records Management (EHRM) team in Washington, D.C. In this position you will develop Interface Control Documents (ICD) that include current state processes Operational View and System View artifacts, interfaces, message formats and payload. This position will report to the Project Manager and collaborate with the internal team, clients and vendors. As a Software/System Architect, you will utilize tools to include Visio, SharePoint, Microsoft Office and Team Foundation Server (TFS) or JIRA.
- Conduct research and analysis (R&A) of the assigned system
- Develop Systems View Interface (SV-1s), Operation View Diagram (OV-1) and other artifacts
- Identify and addressing requirements for system architectures
- Work with program and project leaders to define and create the architectural depictions and documents, ensuring logical flow, and address all issues.
- Must be able to design and discuss system strategies for platform, applications and networks.
- Work with VA EA tools include, Visio, SharePoint, Microsoft Office, Team Foundation Server (TFS) or JIRA
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, electronics engineering or other engineering or technical discipline is required; eight (8) years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Moderate Risk Background Clearance Minimum Background Investigation (MBI)
- Minimum of five (5) years of System Analysis experience or any equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills along with effective listening skills to ensure accurate understanding
- Experience with developing Interface Control Documents
- Experience with Unicom Systems Architect (SA) or similar EA modeling tools
- Experience in the coordination of program and project leaders to identify requirements for system architecture
- Experience with analysis of requirements against fiscal, schedule, and performance issues
- Experience in taking program requirements and is able to create an architecture vision
- Experience in creating and conveying to team members the architectural vision for a program or project
- Experience in establishing and enforcing standards and practices.
- Ability to travel up to 10% as required
- Must be authorized to work for any employer in the US
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, electronics engineering or other engineering or technical discipline
- Active Moderate Risk Background Clearance Minimum Background Investigation (MBI) or equivalent
- Prior work experience with the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA)
- Experience with Health Records Management (HRM) or related health care systems development, implementation, and management
Insignia reserves the right to adjust work location based upon mission requirements.
To learn more about Insignia, our benefits, and other carrier opportunities, please visit our website.
Insignia Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. To request reasonable accommodation or inquire about the physical requirements or work conditions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org