- Ability and interest in acquiring advanced MS Word skills/proficiency level
- Ability to take initiative and ownership of tasks/projects/writing projects
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Superior attention to detail
- AA degree computer science, electronics engineering or other engineering or technical discipline is required or 2 year technical school; four (4) years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education
- Ability to obtain and maintain a High Risk Background Clearance positions require a full Background Investigation (BI)
- Minimum of 2 years of technical writing experience or any equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities
- Must have experience in explaining highly technical data and information in simplistic grade school language for end users of complex IT systems and projects. Must be able to use a variety of word processing, spreadsheet, graphics and scheduling tools
- Must have experience in being able to gather and convert data into a written narrative
- Proven writing background required
- Proven record of high achievement and commitment to quality work
- Proven record of desire and ability to learn new subjects
At Insignia our mission is to ensure that those who have served and those who currently serve our country have access to the benefits they have earned through selfless service. We are an innovative leader in our marketplace, generating opportunities for our clients, employees, partners, and the communities in which we live, allowing everyone to achieve their goals and objectives.
Insignia is proud to offer eligible employees Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts, Group Life Insurance and AD&D, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, 401(k) Retirement, Telecommute, and Continuing Education.
Regular on-time and on-site attendance is an essential function of this position. Insignia reserves the right to adjust work location based upon mission requirements.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. The employee is required to lift to fifteen (15) pounds at a time.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet. The work environment is primarily indoors.