9th Way Solutions is seeking a Human Capital Transformation Business Analyst to work at the Department of Transportation in Washington DC. We are flexible and willing to accept either direct hire with benefits or contract 1099 hire. The U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT or “the Department”) is moving towards a shared services environment for specifically identified mission support functions. Common service areas such as human resources (HR) are the initial focus of the Department’s shared services initiative. This overall shared services strategy calls for the implementation of effective program and project-level management and oversight, in addition to process-specific objectives such as consolidating disparate but related processes across the enterprise.
The Department requires a strategic and proactive approach to a wide array of activities to include documenting specific processes, ensuring consistency across the Department, facilitating the process and transition from the as-is to the new integrated shared services environment. This necessitates establishing a robust, strategic communication plan, documenting processes and procedures, support for the change management process, and advise on establishing a comprehensive governance model. The Department will also need support to develop and implement cost modeling methodologies for shared services.
- 4+ years of experience with human capital, workforce planning, leadership development, organizational development or design, or organizational psychology in a consulting capacity
- BA or BS degree
Scope of Work:
- 6+ years of experience in a professional environment
- 3+ years of experience with supporting defense agencies, program offices, projects, or clients
- Experience with leading strategic or operational workforce planning, including activities, such as workforce demand analysis, workforce supply analysis, recruiting or retention strategy development, competency modeling and assessment, leadership development, leadership coaching, or succession planning
- Experience in organizational effectiveness, organizational design and alignment, strategic planning, or organizational culture
- Experience with structuring and conducting data gathering and analysis activities, including interviews, focus groups, and surveys
- Experience with leading quantitative and qualitative workforce data analysis using statistical programs and survey software, including Excel, SPSS, and SAS
- Experience with facilitating technical and functional training
- MA or MS degree; MBA preferred
- Leadership Assessments, including Hogan and CCL, or Human Capital Strategist Certification
- Project management support for the DOT Shared Services Program Management Office (PMO). support to a variety of ongoing and imminent initiatives led by the Office of Administration (M-1). The contractor will support the planning, coordination, outreach, and facilitation activities required to implement and operate shared services.
- Building a service management model with the ability to extend services throughout the Department. It will enable diverse, yet related processes and procedures that need to be aggregated from across the Department. The contractor will support the establishment of a knowledge management system upon which to build a viable shared service model to support long term requirements across the Department.
- Provide strategic, program management advice, guidance, and expert technical and research capability for implementation of the shared services initiative and make recommendations to help build a framework and work product(s) resulting in transparent, logical, repeatable, processes for the organization.
- Prepare a change management plan that will support the organizational change associated with the new shared services environment. The change management plans should include recommended methodologies for business processes, budget allocations, other operational aspects, and a communication plan to prepare federal employees and contractors for the transition to the shared services environment.
- Provide facilitation support for the planning, transitioning and management of the shared services initiative. This includes planning, guiding and managing meetings, focus groups and governance board activities.
- Provide a clear, concise layout to ensure that all key governance variables are presented, including resource management, project communication, project administration, procurement, financial management, and related matters.
- Identify and analyze policy drivers and gaps that will support program strategy development and recommendations for addressing them.
- Specify procedures and provide explanatory justifications for each in terms of inclusions and exclusions.
- Provide the means to obtain and record related approvals, ensuring appropriate stakeholder acceptance and buy-in.
- The Contractor will provide the following:
- An assessment of customer satisfaction with Human Resources shared services
- A self-assessment tool and plan development template for use by the DOT Shared Services Program Offices.