9th Way Insignia has an opening for an IT Security Technical Writer to join our team supporting the Department of Transportation.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Responsible for researching, writing, and editing materials for related IT processes, plans, procedures, work instructions, knowledge articles, reports, manuals, briefs, proposals, instructional material, catalogs, technical publications, and/or software and hardware documentation.
- Obtain technical data from independent observation, review with technical staff members, and/or studies of published materials and existing documentation.
- Interface with users, specialists, analysts, programmers, etc., to obtain background information of technologies, methods, and standards.
- Revise text and recommends changes in scope, format, and content to ensure conformance with established standards.
- Edit, standardize, or make changes to material prepared by other writers.
- Performs final quality assurance on all materials.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Highly motivated, self-directed and responsible.
- Effective communicator, relationship builder, writer, and editor.
- Ability to ascertain information about current organizational processes and how to go about organizing and capturing IT Service Management practices and Technical Operations procedures.
- Ability to identify concept solutions and work with cross-functional resources to analyze program information, quality check artifacts, and deliver agreed to client requirements on time.
- Ability to understand technical conversations, ask appropriate questions to uncover gaps and bottlenecks, and lay out logical ordering of steps to achieve smooth completion or modification of the documentation.
- Ability to document and/or quality check operational processes, procedures, knowledge, and client deliverables.
- 6 years experience in writing and editing documents.
- A Bachelor's degree in English, Literature, or other related discipline. With a Master's Degree (in the fields described in Minimum Education): one year of specialized experience. With at least nine years is specialized, no degree is required.
- At least 2 years supporting IT Operations or IT related content.
- Ability to receive the required security clearance
- Must be authorized to work for any employer in the US.
- Able to facilitate IT business process discussions with customers, create Visio workflows, identify process bottlenecks and potential improvements.
- ITIL Foundations v3 or v4 preferred.
- Experienced with FISMA/OIG (NIST 800-53 based controls) security audit requests including request/response management, quality checks of audit evidence, and storing of evidence for year-over-year reuse.
This position may be open to remote location and telework flexibility. 9th
Way Insignia reserves the right to adjust work location based upon mission requirements.
9th Way Insignia
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
9th Way Insignia is an emerging Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) committed to working with our clients to provide next-generation, results-oriented technology—on time and under budget—in health I.T., infrastructure design and build, cybersecurity, cloud solutions, and data analytics. To learn more about 9th Way Insignia, our benefits, and other career opportunities, please visit our website
9th Way Insignia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. To request a reasonable accommodation or inquire about the physical requirements or work conditions, contact email@example.com