9th Way Insignia has an opening for a Senior Data Architect to support the Department of Veterans Affairs in the development of enterprise and product level architecture that links strategy to business and technical operations. This position will report to the Lead Data Architect and collaborate with the internal team, vendor partners, and clients.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Utilize System Architect, Visio, and several other tools to accomplish the development of architectural artifacts.
- Participate in development activities and provide mentorship and training to the customer and internal team.
- Act in a consulting capacity to guide the client towards data architecture solutions from AS-IS to TO-BE deliverables.
- Support enterprise architecture development across other portfolios (i.e. Corporate Services, Technology Services, Veterans Experience, Benefits Appeals and Memorials)
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Working knowledge of data architecture design as it relates to conceptual, logical and physical data repository design.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team setting and across multiple organizational groups
- Ability to coordinate efforts with government personnel and work with minimal supervision.
- Strong quantitative, analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, or equivalent and 15 years of relevant experience is required. An additional 8 years of experience can substitute for the degree.
- Ability to receive the required security clearance
- Must be authorized to work for any employer in the US.
This is a remote position. 9th
Way Insignia reserves the right to adjust work location based upon mission requirements.
9th Way Insignia
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
9th Way Insignia is an emerging Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) committed to working with our clients to provide next-generation, results-oriented technology—on time and under budget—in health I.T., infrastructure design and build, cybersecurity, cloud solutions, and data analytics. To learn more about 9th Way Insignia, our benefits, and other career opportunities, please visit our website
9th Way Insignia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. To request a reasonable accommodation or inquire about the physical requirements or work conditions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org