9th Way Insignia, has an opening for a Desktop Support Engineer to provide Tier 2 desktop support and help desk services to the Department of Veterans Affairs in Denver, CO. In this position you will provide user support and customer service on a variety of customer-supported computer applications and platforms. In addition, you will troubleshoot problems and provide advice to users on the appropriate action. This position will report to the Project Manager and collaborate with the other developers and IT professionals on the team as well as other government resources.
Compensation is up to $45,000 and includes medical benefits, paid vacation/holidays, matching 401k, and more.
- Respond and resolve customer requests by providing fast, efficient and friendly customer service
- Utilize ticket management system to enter, document, track, resolve, and close user ticket issues
- Manage time and workload to meet predetermined service levels
- Create and maintain a central repository for technical advice and solutions
- Perform appropriate diagnostics and interact with technicians (Tier 2 & Tier 3) across multiple disciplines
- Provide technical support with proficiency with Windows Operating Systems (OS) to troubleshoot and resolve issues
- Communicate technical advice and solutions for network systems, software applications assistance, automatic data processing support, hardware exchange, and repair service support
- Support multiple clients on-site and remote through customer service professionalism and insight
- Troubleshoot network and connectivity issues, locating Internet Protocol (IP) or Transmission Control Protocol (TCP)/IP addresses, identifying physical and virtual server issues, and supporting remote customers
- May be required to remote into customer's computer; troubleshooting network connectivity issues, working with remote employees on a corporate network; escalating complex problems to Tier 2 and above support when appropriate
- Exercise sound judgement with an ability to follow provided processes, procedures and checklists associated with obtaining results under this contract
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Bachelors degree OR 8 years of experience can substitute for degree
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Moderate Risk Background Clearance Minimum Background Investigation (MBI)
- Ability to travel up to 20 % as required
- Must be authorized to work for any employer in the US
- Active Moderate Risk Background Clearance Minimum Background Investigation (MBI) or equivalent
- Prior work experience with the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA)
Regular on-time and on-site attendance is an essential function of this position. 9th
Way Insignia reserves the right to adjust work location based upon mission requirements.
9th Way Insignia
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- May be required to get under a computer desk while performing installations.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds at times.
9th Way Insignia is an emerging Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) committed to working with our clients to provide next-generation, results-oriented technology—on time and under budget—in health I.T., infrastructure design and build, cybersecurity, cloud solutions, and data analytics. To learn more about 9th Way Solutions, our benefits, and other career opportunities, please visit our website
9th Way Insignia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. To request a reasonable accommodation or inquire about the physical requirements or work conditions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org