9th Way Insignia has an opening for a Business Analyst to join our team supporting the United States Patent and Trademark Office in Alexandria, VA. This position is scheduled to end in August 2021. Compensation is $44/hr and includes medical benefits, paid vacation/holidays, and more.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Gather and develop requirements through interviews, document analysis, outputs from automated tools, workshops, storyboards, use cases, and task/workflow analysis
- Document and maintain requirements using common tools such as Visio, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and others
- Communicate with vendors and industry partners to gather product specifications, capabilities, security requirements, and other information needed for vendor and partner selection
- Under the guidance of system engineers, build and maintain utilization, capacity, and sizing models for on-premise and cloud services
- Support project managers with scheduling, reporting, and other project control activities
- Participate in the key scrum team development meetings, including daily standups, planning meetings, iteration reviews, and team retrospectives
- Lead and develop reports, presentations, supporting material of work completed with the clients as requested
- Champion BA efforts with client and partners
- Identify lessons learned early and work to mitigate potential risks
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Experience analyzing customer business needs and gathering and prioritizing business requirements for IT projects
- Experience writing system requirements documentation, Visio process diagrams, and general technical writing
- Experience writing Agile requirements and familiarity with Agile project management tools (i.e., Jira)
- Understand the fundamentals of iterative development, Agile/Scrum Processes and methodologies, and software development processes and procedures
- Experience working with integrated development teams
- Possess excellent facilitation and communication skills, with the ability to develop strategic partnerships with business customers
- Must have a high-energy work
- Experienced with Agile toolsets, such as JIRA and Confluence
- Bachelors degree and 5+ years of relevant experience
- Ability to obtain and maintain the required security clearance
- Must be authorized to work for any employer in the U.S
Regular on-time and on-site attendance is an essential function of this position. 9th Way Insignia reserves the right to adjust work location based upon mission requirements.
9th Way Insignia
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
9th Way Insignia is an emerging Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) committed to working with our clients to provide next-generation, results-oriented technology—on time and under budget—in health I.T., infrastructure design and build, cybersecurity, cloud solutions, and data analytics. To learn more about 9th Way Insignia, our benefits, and other career opportunities, please visit our website
9th Way Insignia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. To request a reasonable accommodation or inquire about the physical requirements or work conditions, contact email@example.com