9th Way Insignia, has a contingent opening for a Systems Administrator to join our team supporting the Department of Veterans Affairs. You’ll analyze problem areas and opportunities for improvement in this mission critical network. This position is located onsite at the Veterans' Administration facilities including Medical Centers with daytime hours and potential for weekend hours. The pay for this position is $43,900 and includes benefits, paid vacation/holidays, 401k with company match and more. This is a full-time (40 hours per week), W2 position that is expected to last through September 2021.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Performs installation, configuration, maintenance, testing, and troubleshooting tasks in support of IT customers.
- Diagnose and resolve customer related hardware/software issues utilizing the Service Now tool. Track and document all system changes, problems, issues, and work tasks within Service Now.
- Provisioning of newly procured endpoints to include desktops, laptops, printers, and mobile devices. Perform imaging, desktop support, adds/moves and changes.
- Install OS Patch installation/patch removal (if applicable), OS upgrades and Commercially Available Off-the-Shelf (COTS) software.
- Provide user management account support where Elevated Privileges (EP) may be required.
- Perform software application installation and configuration based on change order instructions.
- Utilize log data and system administration tools to diagnose system hardware and software problems, repair, and re-configure or replace defective system components as indicated.
- Perform system monitoring and analysis on assigned systems to discover risks and inadequacies, and provide recommendations on the need for expansion, enhancement or revision.
- Utilize Microsoft System Center Operations Manager (SCOM) and SCOM tools to troubleshoot performance issues and deploy software packages, to include Scripting, McAfee and other VA standard tools.
- Performs inventory functions to include managing pagers and turn-ins including performing media sanitization, disposal and/or turn in of equipment.
- Ability to troubleshoot problems and issues identified by customers and implement corrective actions.
- Perform routine audits of systems and software to determine utilization and adequacy for demand, and compliance with current hardware and software site license regulations and requirements.
- Performs general maintenance activities, printer deployment/repair, software installations, EHRM prep and equipment refreshes. May include occasionally pulling old cables from server room as needed.
- Perform asset management to include asset inventory, audit and tracking, asset administration and reporting, integrated IT asset portfolio, and history and forecasting, automating the asset management process as necessary.
- May occasionally answer door and escort personnel as needed.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to communicate technical concepts in an understandable and concise way
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Bachelors degree in a scientific or technical discipline such as computer science or engineering AND six months of relevant experience. Eight years of relevant experience may substitute for a degree.
- Ability to obtain and maintain the required security clearance.
- Must be authorized to work for any employer in the U.S
Regular on-time and on-site attendance is an essential function of this position. 9th Way Insignia, reserves the right to adjust work location based upon mission requirements.
The person in this position needs to frequently traverse around the site campus transporting equipment to various office buildings. Position also requires occasional unpacking/moving & installation of IT equipment weighing up to 25 pounds (or greater with additional assistance). In addition, they may frequently position self to maintain computers/pull cords under desks and in server closets.
9th Way Insignia
9th Way Insignia is an emerging Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) committed to working with our clients to provide next-generation, results-oriented technology—on time and under budget—in health I.T., infrastructure design and build, cybersecurity, cloud solutions, and data analytics. To learn more about 9th Way Insignia, our benefits, and other career opportunities, please visit our website
9th Way Insignia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. To request a reasonable accommodation or inquire about the physical requirements or work conditions, contact email@example.com