9th Way Solutions has a contingent opening for a Network Engineer to support the IT enterprise architecture strategy and standards, infrastructure and systems engineering, network engineering, enterprise service desk, and systems operations and maintenance services for the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Office of Information Technology (OIT).
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Plans, supports and evaluates complex existing network systems and make recommendations for resources required to maintain and/or expand service levels.
- This resource will provide highly skilled technical assistance in network planning, engineering and architecture.
- Provides and develops technical standards and interface applications; identifies and evaluates new products; provide solutions for network problems.
- Interfaces with internal/external customers and vendors to determine system needs.
- Plans and incorporates how new network resources and applications will exist on the network.
- Provide monthly metrics for network availability and bandwidth usage as well as other metrics as requested.
- Responsible for network capacity planning.
- Use network management tools to discover, map and maintain the network.
- Responsible for network equipment OS and version upgrades.
- Responsible for conducting research of new technologies and implementation strategies.
- Monitor and maintain network interfaces to insure its highest level of performance and makes modifications and enhancements as needed.
- Responsible for documenting procedures and keeping network diagrams and related material up to date.
- Handle escalated user problems, questions, and request on network issues.
- Work with other groups within IS to resolve network related issues as needed.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Highly motivated, self-directed and responsible contributor.
- Effective communicator and relationship builder.
- Bachelor's Degree - computer science, electronics engineering or other engineering or technical discipline is required.
- 5 years experience or 8 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education.
- Ability to obtain and maintain the required security clearance.
- Must be authorized to work for any employer in the U.S.
Regular on-time and on-site attendance is an essential function of this position. 9th
Way Solutions reserves the right to adjust work location based upon mission requirements.
9th Way Solutions
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
9th Way Solutions is an emerging Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) committed to working with our clients to provide next-generation, results-oriented technology—on time and under budget—in health I.T., infrastructure design and build, cybersecurity, cloud solutions, and data analytics. To learn more about 9th Way Solutions, our benefits, and other career opportunities, please visit our website
9th Way Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. To request a reasonable accommodation or inquire about the physical requirements or work conditions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org