9th Way Solutions has a contingent opening for an Enterprise Network Architect to support the IT enterprise architecture strategy and standards, infrastructure and systems engineering, network engineering, enterprise service desk, and systems operations and maintenance services for the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Office of Information Technology (OIT).
The Network Architect will identify, evaluate, architect, and recommend best of breed technology approaches to solve the business and customer problems, aligned with proper architecture standards and best practices. This role will interface directly with the customers and internal stakeholders to gather requirements, deliver solutions, identify, and deliver incremental revenue opportunities. This role entails overseeing the Infrastructure and network architecture functions to ensure timely, efficient, and quality designs.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Work across teams, and external customer groups to develop strategy, design solutions, and advise implementation teams during deployment.
- Build and maintain technical relationships with managers of the organization and technology providers by leading and facilitating technology discussions and aligning solutions with client needs.
- Provide communication, ensuring that managers, team members, stakeholders within the organization, and clients are kept informed of relevant trends and projects.
- Research new or alternative technologies, document findings, conduct pilots and evaluate multiple vendors, make recommendations, and develop business cases to justify the investment.
- Deal with escalations. Make assessments, recommendations or provide solutions to resolve issues.
- Mentor and train staff, ensuring they are up to speed on critical processes and technologies related to the Technology and Infrastructure organizations’ goals and soft skills needed to succeed.
- Develop and implement test plans
- Develop project timelines for projects
- Contribute to budgeting for and understand the financial impact of technology decisions
- Write functional requirements/specifications documents
- Keep up to date on infrastructure technology
- Assess competitors and the types of technology they use
- Guide the selection, implementation, and deployment processes for new technology rollouts
- Design network road map and align it with Network Lead/Operations Manager requirements
- Assist in developing, implementing, testing, and maintaining disaster recovery plans.
- Interface with vendors for procurement & maintenance of all IT infrastructures.
- Manage & troubleshoot network and Internet connectivity throughout the organization.
- Collaborate with and support the work of other staff engaged in similar functions.
- Interface with vendors for procurement and maintenance of all IT infrastructures.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Highly motivated, self-directed and responsible contributor.
- Effective communicator and relationship builder.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 8 years of experience, or master’s degree with 4 years of experience
- CCNA, CCNP or CCIE Certification
- Ability to obtain and maintain the required security clearance.
- Must be authorized to work for any employer in the U.S.
Regular on-time and on-site attendance is an essential function of this position. 9th
Way Solutions reserves the right to adjust work location based upon mission requirements.
9th Way Solutions
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
9th Way Solutions is an emerging Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) committed to working with our clients to provide next-generation, results-oriented technology—on time and under budget—in health I.T., infrastructure design and build, cybersecurity, cloud solutions, and data analytics. To learn more about 9th Way Solutions, our benefits, and other career opportunities, please visit our website
9th Way Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. To request a reasonable accommodation or inquire about the physical requirements or work conditions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org