9th Way Solutions has a contingent opening for a Senior Technical Writer/Editor to support the IT enterprise architecture strategy and standards, infrastructure and systems engineering, network engineering, enterprise service desk, and systems operations and maintenance services for the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Office of Information Technology (OIT).
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Create, edit, modify, and maintain version control of forms/documents and SOP to ensure timely updating of policies, procedure, process, and the identification of issue items
- Provide technical writing for template and ad hoc reports.
- Coordinate with IT business owners, customers, consultants, and others to provide subject matter expertise and guidance to ensure timely completion of documentation, testing, publishing, and reporting for compliance
- Provide IT change management and problem solving for consistent documentation update, facilitation, coordination, and communication management of issues
- Work with management to recommend and implement best practice solutions, enhancing the process improvement
- Provide written weekly status updates to include timeline, risks, and challenges
- Ongoing coordination with VA IT Stakeholders in writing and via phone
- Ensure technical documentation is accurate, complete, meets editorial and VA specifications and adheres to standards for quality, graphics, coverage, format, and style
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Highly motivated, self-directed and responsible contributor
- Effective communicator and relationship builder
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Ability to facilitate meetings with cross-functional stakeholders
- Ability to manage, prioritize, and coordinate multiple tasks
- Exceptional communication skills with an emphasis on interpretation and documentation
- Ability to write, document, and maintain Policies, Processes, and Procedures as related to account responsibilities
- Possession of a 4-year degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in technical requirements writing in an IT infrastructure environment
- Ability to obtain and maintain the required security clearance.
- Must be authorized to work for any employer in the U.S.
Regular on-time and on-site attendance is an essential function of this position. 9th
Way Solutions reserves the right to adjust work location based upon mission requirements.
9th Way Solutions
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
9th Way Solutions is an emerging Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) committed to working with our clients to provide next-generation, results-oriented technology—on time and under budget—in health I.T., infrastructure design and build, cybersecurity, cloud solutions, and data analytics. To learn more about 9th Way Solutions, our benefits, and other career opportunities, please visit our website
9th Way Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. To request a reasonable accommodation or inquire about the physical requirements or work conditions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org